University City of Sharjah, P.O. Box: 1797, UAE
The UAE is a federation of seven Emirates with a Federal government overseeing certain key areas of government function that are representative of a nation state. The major functions that the Federal government discharges include External Affairs, Defense, National Security and Post & Telegraph besides a few others. The seat of the federal government is in the capital city of Abu Dhabi which is also the largest Emirate.
Each Emirate has its own government mainly looking after law and order, municipal functions, industry and trade. All these functions are carried out through ministries and departments of the government both at the federal as well as the emirates level.
Planning, Policy and implementation of government programs are the responsibility of these departments. In the present global scenario these government organizations function with high degree of efficiency and professionalism.
To maximize the social welfare and optimization of resources, public administration activities are key elements wherein the efficiency of administrative service plays an important role. The human resources development is essential to provide effective service to the community.
BBA in Public Administration focuses on training manpower for effective administration, urban management, formulating policy and implementation, managing environment and public sector activities. It also focuses on developing manpower for disaster management and E-Governance.
Public Administration - Goals
1. To develop an understanding of various principles of public administration planning and implementation of policies.
2. To develop an understanding of the approaches on E-Governance and Disaster management.
3. To examine new approaches for managing sustainability of environment and the economy.
4. To develop an understanding of implications in planning and policy development in public organizations.
Public Administration - Learning Outcomes
After successful completion of the major, Students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of principles and theories of public administration.
2. Examine the impacts of Environment for managing economic sustainability.
3. Analyze various models of E-Governance.
4. Assess international relations for appropriate foreign policy directions.
5. Evaluate policies and formulate appropriate strategies for planning and managing public organizations.
Admission Requirements for students in UAE
DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT - UNDERGRADUATE
1. High School Qualification
2. English Language Proficiency
3. Mathematics Proficiency