BBA in Human Resource Management & Psychology
University City of Sharjah, P.O. Box: 1797, UAE
This major is designed to provide an understanding of issues in HR and Psychology and be able to appreciate the importance of psychology in understanding human behavior and the impact on the work environment. In the new millennium the major issues for Human Resource Management is to recruit, motivate and retain high performing employees because it has an influence on team work and organization productivity.
This major focuses on courses which helps in understanding recruitment and selection, training and development and managing conflict at work in compliance with the legal frame work of the region. The major also covers understanding of concepts of Psychology and its application related to cognition, counselling and the role of positive psychology in improving the performance of employees in the organization.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND PSYCHOLOGY – GOALS
1. To develop an understanding about human behavior by studying various concepts of psychology.
2. To examine various areas of HRM like Recruitment& selection, Training and Development, Performance management, Compensation Management and Strategic Management
3. To apply various psychological concepts in different areas of Human Resource Management to have a good understanding of human behavior at work and focus on developing individuals to enhance their engagement and productivity levels.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND PSYCHOLOGY – LEARNING OUTCOMES
After successful completion of the major, student will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the concepts and integration of Psychology into Human Resource Management.
2. Apply the knowledge of psychology to understand Human behavior at work.
3. Analyze various aspects of Human Resource Development and its impact on employee performance
4. Analyze the role of counseling in solving issues related to work environment.
5. Design Human Resource Management strategies for enhancing productivity in an organization
6. Evaluate various aspects of UAE Labor Law and diversity issues in organizations
Admission Requirements for students in UAE
DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT - UNDERGRADUATE
1. High School Qualification
2. English Language Proficiency
3. Mathematics Proficiency